Most of the world are asked to stay inside, and some are being stretched beyond what they could’ve imagined. Parents are now teachers. Living rooms are now offices, and kitchens are now studying areas. Everything has been turned upside down, but how does one remain productive when everything has changed?I manage to make things happen amid chaos by making sure I do these few things.
There is power in prayer, and spending time with God before I begin work helps me to focus and get things done. I like to talk to God and study his word so that I may release any concerns or frustrations that I may have and listen to whatever he may have to say to me.
2. Set an agenda for the day and work it
Each night, I like to write down my agenda for the next day. I used to have a list of like 20 things, but I would feel defeated when I didn’t accomplish all of them. Trying to do all that was ludicrous, but I’ve learned that I should focus on accomplishing two or three things a day, and everything else is a bonus. When I started doing this, I realized I would feel accomplished and actually get more things done.
3. Take care of self
Self-care is not selfish, and it’s more than just taking a bath. It’s setting boundaries and knowing when to say no. Burnout is real. Your health and self-care have to come first NOT last. You can get more done if you’re healthy, energized, and efficient. When I learned that it’s ok to take breaks and not be on everyone else’s timeline, I experienced such a release. I wasn’t as stressed, and thus I enjoyed more of what I did.
4. Use a planner
As a writer, I write everything down, so using a planner is a must for me. My planner helps me stay focused on what matters most, especially when those last-minute requests come. My planner helps me stay organized and focused on building the life that I love!
5. Goal setting
Another way I stay productive is to set goals and write down what I need to do to achieve them. If my goal is to sell 70 books, then I know I need to send out x amount of emails and social media posts and spend x amount of money on advertisements to make it happen. When you set your goals, it’s not enough just to write them down but to have a plan that you will implement to achieve that goal.If you are looking for an easy, simple, and flexible system that allows you to plan your life without a lot of complicated rules that don’t fit you or your family, check out the Productivity Bundle 2020 (Affiliate link). It will help you identify the problem areas in your day, develop solutions for creating smooth and easy days, and set yourself up to successfully follow your personalized routines.This bundle has 10 eBooks, 29 eCourses, 28 workbooks & printables, and a membership site.
- Learn how to build a better week with a simple system to manage your to-do lists and create prioritized weekly plans, using the worksheets and Trello templates provided, or your own favorite paper or digital planner.
- Give purpose and direction to your mornings with a short meditation and reflection practice with meditations to start your day.
- Learn an easy method to organize your email, apps, and phone to get things done and prevent mindless scrolling
- Create your own personal development goal-setting blueprint that puts you back in the driver’s seat of your life and gives you the tools you need to make goal-setting sustainable, effective, and really, really simple.
- And more… Check it out here.